Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Checkmate

The battle is over.

A cute bronchitis a.k.a. acute bronchitis. Yes. The on-going flu was not enough, so my body threw down the final gauntlet, bronchitis and otitis. This means that there is no way that I'd be racing in Copenhagen. Instead, I'm online eating my antibiotics on Sunday. 

It also means that I won't fly over, cheer my training buddies and fly back. No. This is it. Summer of Triathlons is finished and I'm happy with this solution. During the last 11 months I have:
  • met the new me
  • met new awesome friends
  • had many new training experiences
  • learned to like swimming
  • learned to like open water swimming
  • learned how to handle a puncture in a race
  • bonked pretty badly
  • bounced back from a disastrous race
  • realized how tough guys I am surrounded by
In all, I have had a blast and I cannot wait for the next Summer. But before that I will start running again - only after I'm healthy again.

Good luck everybody and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment